Sunday, February 27, 2011

poem inspired from English class.

"surrounded by addiction, my freedom feels like a vice in itself.

riding the pale horse
she keeps her relationships carefully threaded,
attempting to control the uncontrollable.
her comfort is a lie.
sister, you are beyond lost.

sitting on her bed, crying and slurring
trying to make some connection between my altruism
and the red tail.
her sense of spirituality is egocentric and false
but she doesn't even have the ability to realize it.
she says she was embarrassed, but still wanted me to see her like that.
joke of a parent.

My freedom is a vice,
and I'm sick of your bullshit
I'm not sorry to say I'm leaving it behind
because unlike you, I'm not stuck in yesterday."

oh joy, reading poems about drug addiction in english.


No comments:

Post a Comment